Why Join the Association?
The Greater New York Floor Coverers Association Inc. is the only local association serving its members, the unionized flooring contractors, and is recognized as the most progressive and supportive defender of contractor's rights in our trade.
If there ever was a time to join the Greater New York Floor Coverers it is now. Significant developments in our industry, both nationally and locally, are changing the way we do business every day.
Here are some of the benefits you will enjoy as a member of the Greater New York Floor Coverers Association:
- Exclusive provisions in the Collective Bargaining Agreement for shift work, off-hours renovation, Saturday make-up and relief from surety bond requirements.
- Representation by members of the GNYFCA who are the employer representatives on the Joint Trade Board to hear and determine disputes and grievances.
- Informative luncheon meetings held for the membership, presenting industry issues, new products and solutions to allow you to compete more effectively.
- Input into the upcoming collective bargaining process. Your current contract expires in the year 2011. The Association is the recognized bargaining agent for the floor covering industry.
- Knowledge! Knowledge is power and in the GNYFCA, the combined know how of the industry's largest contractors and its associate membership, helps you adapt to today's ever changing market place. Come share your ideas and help us elevate the level of our industry.